E-Commerce Manager – Full Time
Salary Range: $90,000.00 To 100,000.00 Annually
The NJ Division of Merola Tile employs approximately 125 people and distributes tile in the U.S. and Canada through The Home Depot, independently owned tile showrooms, and numerous e-commerce retailers under the Merola Tile, SomerTile, and Elite Tile brand names. SomerTile has been recognized as one of the INC 5000’s fastest growing companies for 3 years straight and named one of New Jersey’s Top Workplaces of 2019, 2020, and 2021.
Role and Responsibilities
- Increase our product and market brand visibility in all areas of the internet on e-commerce retail websites including Home Depot, Wayfair, Amazon, Walmart, Build.com, and more
- Experience building and managing direct to consumer digital marketing strategy
- Build & manage e-commerce calendars to ensure maximum efficiency to drive visibility, growth, and product diversity.
- Lead, develop, manage, and optimize digital marketing efforts across online channels
- Manage digital advertising budget and optimize ROI
- Define online customer insights through definition of KPIs and performance reporting
- Provide actionable insights to the eCommerce, Marketing, and Purchasing teams based on trends found in POS, Sales, Inventory, and other key digital metrics
- Create and adhere to the eCommerce marketing budget; monitoring, measuring and reporting on effectiveness of marketing spend
- Support the enhancement and evolution of our analytics capabilities to be best-in-class
- Stay connected with industry trends and innovations and drive new initiatives that contribute to business goals
- Develop solutions to effectively manage product content for 2,000+ SKUs across multiple retail partner websites
- Develop presentations detailing marketing initiatives, campaigns and creative for internal and external parties
- Develop, and execute comprehensive programs to enhance and grow the e-commerce business
- Provide reports to management on efficiency of campaigns and optimization options
- Ability to develop/implement a successful e-Commerce strategy, experience in the tile industry a plus
- Manage the execution of the e-Commerce team calendars, goals and department budget
- Analyze trends, compare to historical data, present to team, and initiate improvements
- Prioritize and manage projects based on timeline, resources, and budget
- Continuously tests new digital opportunities with current and potential partners
- Develop E-Commerce customer relationships to optimize brand growth
- Lead and train our in-house E-Commerce team
–Analytical–Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
–Leadership—Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback; Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services;
–Innovation—Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
–Dependability--Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
–Adaptability–Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience of e-Commerce and digital marketing
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Managing and implementing processes
- Minimum 4 years of team management
- Excellent leadership, communication, project management and organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter, creative thinker, and problem solver
- Directing and managing website technical structure, design, UX, content, branding/ marketing, promotions
- Proficient in web analytics, A/B testing and SEO initiatives
- Experience selling on Wayfair, Home Depot, with Amazon (1p and 3p), Wayfair, Home Depot and Walmart platforms is a plus.
- Experience in the tile or flooring industry is a plus
- Must be able to push/pull/lift up to 25 lbs. several times during the shift.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend, and twist without restrictions.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
COMPANY CORE VALUES
Merola Tile Fundamentals
We stay true to our mission statement “Improving Homes. Improving Lives.” With our product we improve homes, but it is with our collective effort that we improve lives. Our Fundamentals describe the values, behaviors, principles, and practices that are the foundation of our unique workplace. It explains how we relate to each other, our clients, and even our suppliers. It’s who we are, and it’s what drives our extraordinary success. It’s our commitment to each other to improve our lives
Merola Tile Brands, Benefits, & Perks:
- You’ll enjoy coming to work because we have a refreshing company culture that is open, respectful and fun
- Merola Tile Fundamentals, we stay true to our mission statement “improving homes, improving lives” through our 32 fundamentals.
- 6 Paid Federal holidays
- Paid Time Off earned and accrued from first day
- Competitive salary, and bonus structure
- 401(K) eligibility after one month, with company match
- Healthcare Benefits including dental and vision
- Employer Paid Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Employee discount on tile and stoneware after six (6) months
- Merit-based performance review given after first ninety (90) days with the company
- Company culture events like BBQ’s, Ugly Sweater day, t-shirt making events and Halloween costume contest
- Weekly lunches from local businesses
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer
Merola Tile provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.