Customer Service Representative – Full Time
Merola Tile is a leading national tile distributor that proudly imports high quality, on-trend and emotionally inspiring tiles from around the world to suit a diverse flooring market.
The NJ Division of Merola Tile employs approximately 130 people and distributes tile in the U.S. and Canada through The Home Depot, independently owned tile showrooms, and numerous e-commerce retailers under the Merola Tile, SomerTile, and Elite Tile brand names. SomerTile has been recognized as one of the INC 5000’s fastest growing companies for 3 years straight and named one of New Jersey’s Top Workplaces of 2019, 2020, and 2021.
Role and Responsibilities
- Perform all work expected and required of a Customer Service associate.
- Attendance in office for a minimum of 3 days is required and subject to change without notice.
- Assist and answer all customer inquiries via phone, email, and live chat in a kind and enthusiastic manner.
- Answer calls with a smile and on first ring.
- Be 100% present when working with the customer.
- Respond to all emails within 1 hour of receipt. Emails received prior to 3pm must be resolved the same day.
- Respond to all live chats immediately in a factual, helpful, and enthusiastic manner.
- Manage heavy amounts of incoming calls while performing in a fast-paced work environment.
- Process orders received via fax, email, and EDI routinely throughout the day.
- Orders should be entered accurately and with sense of urgency. Order accuracy and volume is a measurable KPI on which performance is assessed.
- Coordinate with departments as necessary to ensure proper shipping of orders.
- Analyze and propose solutions to resolve customer issues.
- Enter and maintain all relevant customer and product data with attention to detail.
- Prepare, compile, and sort documents for proper entry and filing.
- Process invoices and returns.
- Allocate and ensure customer purchase orders are shipped in an accurate and timely manner as per vendor guidelines and standards.
- Perform other office functions as assigned or necessary.
- Face to face interaction with customers at the Front entrance.
- Monitor e-mails, partner portals, EDI, ERP and WMS systems regularly.
- Help resolve customer complaints to completion.
- Seek approval from department supervisor or manager on any material or monetary requests.
- Follow all departmental and companywide procedures and policies.
- Assist in training others on tasks as needed.
- Any task requested by leadership.
- Problem Solving–Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Initiative–Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Oral Communication–Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Attendance/Punctuality–Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Teamwork–Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality/Quantity–Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality. Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Ethics–Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Regularly stand/sit for extended periods, operate office equipment, perform light-moderate lifting, lift/move up to 35 lbs. occasionally, bend, twist, and maintain posture. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
COMPANY CORE VALUES
Merola Tile Fundamentals
We stay true to our mission statement “Improving Homes. Improving Lives.” With our product we improve homes, but it is with our collective effort that we improve lives. Our Fundamentals describe the values, behaviors, principles, and practices that are the foundation of our unique workplace. It explains how we relate to each other, our clients, and even our suppliers. It’s who we are, and it’s what drives our extraordinary success. It’s our commitment to each other to improve our lives.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associated degree/BS preferred.
- Some experience with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel.)
Customer Service / Administrative experience preferred.
Prior experience working in an office setting preferred.
- Fast and accurate data entry skills, computer literate.
- Patient and professional with customers.
- Ability to stay organized and to work in a fast-paced, multi-project environment.
- Strong phone handling skills and practice active listening.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Optimistic attitude with a can-do point of view.
- Ability to work well in a team setting and maintain positive relationships.
- Good analytical skills, be able to solve problems, is self-motivated, and is able to work well with users and trading partners.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Undergo pre-employment drug test and background check
Merola Tile Brands, Benefits, & Perks:
- You’ll enjoy coming to work because we have a refreshing company culture that is open, respectful and fun.
- Merola Tile Fundamentals, we stay true to our mission statement “improving homes, improving lives” through our 33 fundamentals.
- 9 Paid holidays
- Paid Time Off earned and accrued from first day
- Competitive salary, and bonus structure
- 401(K) eligibility after one month, with company match
- Healthcare Benefits including dental and vision
- Employer Paid Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Employee discount on tile and stoneware after six (6) months
- Merit-based performance review given after first ninety (90) days with the company
- Company culture events like BBQ’s, Ugly Sweater Day, t-shirt making events and Halloween costume contest.
- Weekly lunches from local businesses
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer.
Merola Tile provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.