Accounting Manager – Full Time
Manalapan Township, NJ, US
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate, timely, and relevant accounting of business results.
- Oversees daily accounting – receivables, payables, general ledger, inventory, fixed assets.
- Controls expenses.
- Creates reports and analyses on results and presents thereon.
- Administers the annual budget and forecasts and related variance analyses.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed.
- Builds and improves processes. Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s and the department’s performance.
- Works with external auditors and provides information for the quarterly and annual reviews and tax returns.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Oversees department training and identifies training needs.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Qualification, Skills and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
• Eight years or more of relevant experience required.
• Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
• Excellent management and supervisory skills.
• High-level communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong team-building skills.
• Advanced knowledge of GAAP.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Robust analytical abilities.
• Proficient in ERP systems and Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Analytical–Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving–Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills–Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Managing People–Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Planning/Organizing–Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Judgment– Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions. Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Dependability–Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Regularly stand/sit for extended periods, operate office equipment, perform light-moderate lifting, lift/move up to 35 lbs. occasionally, bend, twist, and maintain posture. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
COMPANY CORE VALUES
Merola Tile Fundamentals
We stay true to our mission statement “Improving Homes. Improving Lives.” With our product we improve homes, but it is with our collective effort that we improve lives. Our Fundamentals describe the values, behaviors, principles, and practices that are the foundation of our unique workplace. It explains how we relate to each other, our clients, and even our suppliers. It’s who we are, and it’s what drives our extraordinary success. It’s our commitment to each other to improve our lives.
1. DO THE RIGHT THING
2. THINK SAFE. WORK SAFE
3. HONOR COMMITMENTS
4. FOCUS ON SOLUTIONS
5. HAVE CLEAR EXPECTATIONS & PURPOSE
6. UNDERSTAND THE WHY
7. LISTEN GENEROUSLY
8. SPEAK STRAIGHT AND SHARE
9. FINISH THINGS
10. SHOW MEANINGFUL APPRECIATION
11. BE A FANATIC ABOUT RESPONSE TIME
12. GIVE YOUR 100% BEST EFFORT
13. DEVELOP YOUR SKILL SET
14. ASSUME POSITIVE INTENT
15. LOVE YOUR SPACE
16. INVEST IN RELATIONSHIPS
17. LOOK AHEAD AND ANTICIPATE
18. THINK TEAM FIRST
19. BE RELENTLESS ABOUT IMPROVE-MENT
20. DELIVER LEGENDARY SERVICE
21. “BRING IT” EVERY DAY
22. BE RESPONSIBLE WITH COMPANY RESOURCES
23. BE POSITIVE
24. WALK IN YOUR CUSTOMERS’ SHOES
25. MAKE IT FEEL LIKE HOME
26. CREATE A GREAT IMPRESSION
27. TREASURE, PROTECT, AND PROMOTE OUR REPUTATION
28. DO WHAT’S BEST FOR THE CUSTOMER
29. BE PROCESS-DRIVEN
30. GIVE BACK
31. BE A TECHNICAL EXPERT
32. LIVE A CULTURE OF ACCOUNTABILITY
33. KEEP THINGS FUN
Merola Tile Brands, Benefits, & Perks:
- You’ll enjoy coming to work because we have a refreshing company culture that is open, respectful and fun
- Merola Tile Fundamentals, we stay true to our mission statement “improving homes, improving lives” through our 32 fundamentals.
- 6 Paid Federal holidays
- Paid Time Off earned and accrued from first day
- Competitive salary, and bonus structure
- 401(K) eligibility after one month, with company match
- Healthcare Benefits including dental and vision
- Employer Paid Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Employee discount on tile and stoneware after six (6) months
- Merit-based performance review given after first ninety (90) days with the company
- Company culture events like BBQ’s, Ugly Sweater day, t-shirt making events and Halloween costume contest
- Weekly lunches from local businesses
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer
Merola Tile provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.